Thursday, December 30, 2010

Turning Point

READ "Who Knew?" BEFORE READING THIS BLOG OR YOU MIGHT FEEL LOST

Last night, I had hit a major wall, and I spoke about a loss of a friend- and I am not sure if the blog sparked it, or it was just the fact that she and I both decided to write how we felt down and share it at the same time.

The friend I thought I lost, well she wrote me the most heart felt letter I have ever read. She made me cry, and I am still crying because while I was grieving for the friendship I thought had ended, she writes me, the most touching lines ever, and tonight begins our turning point.

Throughout the last five years, she and I have seen one another grow up, fall down, get back up, fail, succeed, and have witness our lives crumble right before our eyes. Yet, we turned to each other, and we managed to get through it. Tonight, I felt like my dear old friend was back, and it took me back to the days where we spoke on the phone for hours, where we discussed school, and so much more.

I can't believe how one day can turn a whole situation in a different light, but I am glad it did. I felt a void in her absence and when I care about people, I never stop caring and when one of them is gone, missing or hurting, I feel for them.

We've gone through so much together, and it is my belief that the love that developed in our friendship, has given us this one last chance to turn things around. To remind ourselves why we were each other's shield, why we were never more than a phone call away, and why we shared some of the greatest memories together.

She was by my side through my darkest of times, and she gave me the faith to get by, for she was and is my friend. My greatest hope is that our friendship survives the distance, the challenges and the time between us.

I want her to know that I am always going to be here for her, and she can turn to me for anything. As we embark on our new found direction, tonight begins our turning point back to the days where we were each other's rock, confidants, and escape from the burden that we shared between us.

Her letter touched me beyond belief, and as this year ends, I am looking forward to another year with her, and so many other great individuals. I guess the moral of this blog, is that I was wrong, who knew that even in the face of the end, she and I would find a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment