Monday, December 20, 2010

Better Man

This post is dedicated to a special person-- he and I went through a lot in the last few years, and somehow, we've managed to end up here- as better men. To BM.

Today I visited someone who I went to high school with, and he and I haven't seen each other since the summer time. We're almost in January, and it's been so long. It seems that college has had a positive effect on him, my gut tells me he is a better man because of it.

As much as I disagreed with a lot of what he did, and butted heads with this individual, he is the reason why I even got the chance to start dancing. He choreographed my first piece, to the song "His Eyes Is On The Sparrow", and from then, my life would change drastically.

We both did some grimy things to one another, some things I wish I could take back, and some things I am sure he wishes he never did. Yet, this isn't about dwelling on the past, it's about recognizing the fact that he seems to have become a better man. Now only time will tell if he is truly the new man he claims to be, but I hope that this new chapter in our lives allows for the past to be forgotten, and the future to be bright.

I hope we can take this fresh slate and build a friendship that lasts a lifetime-- because now we are better men and no longer the immature boys we once were.

Before you give up on someone, give them the chance to get better, to improve, to change and show the fact that they truly can grow as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment