Thursday, December 16, 2010

His T-Shirt

He and I had shared a night that I've never shared with anyone else. He watched me as I snored, he gently rubbed my thigh, and he woke me up in the middle of the night.

His bed felt like a beanbag, and my body just melted in it. I wore his t-shirt and I felt warm within his embrace.

It was a dream, having someone holding me with so much affection, so much passion, so much emotion. When I feel lonely, or down, I put on his t-shirt, and recall that night. It was a night I can never forget. I also wear his t-shirt to make a fashion statement, that vintage kind of look- oversized shirt, with skinny jeans and a nice hat= one good looking guy.

A part of me thought that I should throw away his t-shirt, but then I remembered, just because something ended, doesn't mean you can't remember what it was like when it was still going. Sometimes it's just as important to remember the good memories, because that reminds you that all the pain and tears were worth something.

And if nothing else, at least I got a cute shirt out of it. Right?

2 comments:

  1. "Sometimes it's just as important to remember the good memories, because that reminds you that all the pain and tears were worth something"

    ^ so true... you don't know how relevant this is to my life!!!

    love
    aurin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Aurin,

    I am just seeing this comment, xo glad you could relate.

    --mark

    ReplyDelete