Monday, July 26, 2010

Can You Relieve Me Of My Baggage?

I am a lot of things: a son, brother, uncle, friend, nephew, grandson, student, writer, dancer, cousin, a gay man, disabled...I come with a lot of baggage.

So when one gets into a relationship, it makes you wonder how much of you the person can really take before they wish they never walked into one's life?

A lot of people have baggage, for some, it's simply a carry on, for others, it's a bunch of suitcases. Some are neatly packed, others are simply tossed together.

So now I ask, can you relieve me of my baggage? Can you handle the fact that nothing about me is as easy as it seems?

For a long time, I was all about the carry on bag, the one I emptied and repacked every now and then, but now I am sharing the suitcase compartment and it's all an adjustment--however, it's one worth making.

No comments:

Post a Comment