Friday, July 16, 2010

Opening Up

I have to open up, and be completely honest with myself. When I invited him over, I had nothing but great intentions- then it all hit me, that night last week, how I felt, the anger, the pain and the confusion.

It all rushed back to me at once, and suddenly, I didn't want to open up as much as I wanted him to feel what I felt.

Sadly, my intent changed midway, and I turned into the monster I've always tried to keep at bay, underneath my surface. Suddenly, emotions and thoughts came bursting through my mind, forcing me to open up a side of me I didn't want him to see.

I want you to take your space, take your time-- and when we're ready, it will be right. If it's meant to be, I am certain it will flourish. I am opening up again, slowly.

I wasn't thinking about revenge, wasn't even thinking malicious thoughts until half way through our conversation. The light switch went on and the beast within me came out. Like the Incredible Hulk, I busted through the walls I created to prevent the beast from escaping, clawing my way through the guards. I was on a war path, of bittersweet pleasure, mixed with pain. Now the after taste lingers, and I am numb.

Losing control is not my style, but something tonight happened, and while I feel guilt, there is also a big sigh of relief, because tonight allowed me to truly open up and let it all out.

Now the process of recovery can occur. Guess there truly is a lesson to be learned when you open up.

2 comments:

  1. what exactly did you do? just speak the truth? because if it the comment said was necessary it should make you feel good, not absolute guilt o.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it wasn't anything I said- it's what I did.

    ReplyDelete