Friday, July 9, 2010

Jars Filled With False Pretenses

It doesn't taste like Grape Jelly, and the jar isn't a comfortable chill, filled with sweet ice tea. Life is no picnic at the park, no stroll around the block, and life is not laying on the roof, staring into the night sky admiring the stars.

This jar is filled with false pretenses, hardships, confusion, and so much more. He claimed he needed time, space yet I am sure he is with him, with the other man, someone who can never care about him the way I do.

He asked me if I would let him come back, when he was done getting space, but I've spent all day going from laughter to tears, ups and downs, trying to get him out of my head, but it keeps playing over and over in my head.

His hands wiping away the tears he caused, it doesn't make sense to me- how can someone claim to care about me, and be so reckless with my heart? It's like he dropped the jar, and he let the glass shatter.

Who does he think he is? How can he let me get so deep, only to let me slip out of his hands, and now I am suppose to just let him come back to me, and I don't know how to feel right now.

He collected my heart, place it in a jar, tearing it out of me in the process, and I am suppose to let time heal the aches, and expect me to fall in his arms again, but I don't think one can recover from this so easily.

Maybe he shouldn't come back for me, maybe he shouldn't come back at all...because who does he think he is?

No comments:

Post a Comment