Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Now Life Begins,

For a while my blogs have been dedicated about personal issues, and about my romantic life, but this blog has nothing to do with that.

Last night, I realized that life has truly begun for me. This college experience has truly opened my eyes to new things. In the last week or so, I've met some great people, and others who I prefer not to surround myself with. the glorious thing is that in college, you don't have to surround yourself with people you differ with, you simply have to respect them and move on.

The days of high school drama over who doesn't like who, is gone. No, not entirely, but there seems to be a lower range of immaturity, -- the immaturity I've encountered in college thus far, has been a different kind of immaturity from high school.

I have to say I was scarred of being the token gay guy and not being able to get along with my male counterparts, but no need to fear, I've met some amazing people. Although I am not your typical guy, I've managed to adapt to my surroundings.

Now that life has begun for me, it makes me look back at the last four years, and how I wish I did some things differently. Though my past made helped teach me for the future, I wish I didn't have to go through as much as I did in order to get where I am today. You live and you learn and the next four years I will spend in college will help me grow even more.

As I continue to pursue my dreams, go on to new adventures, I may have to leave some people behind, I will meet new people and face new challeneges, yet I am not fearful because I know I can handle what ever comes my way.

I am no man of steel, but my heart is strong enough to endure. Life begins now, the old me is long gone, and the me now, is looking into the future and seeing great things. I am beyond the point of no return, I can't be the old me again, because this new me I am discovering, is a person who isn't afraid to lose someone, isn't afraid to embrace change and isn't afraid to live life, regardless of the hardships.

Now my new life begins and I can't wait to see where it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment