Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Old and The Reckless

The old me still lingers, the one that can be reckless and carefree about a lot of things. Mostly, about myself and my feelings. I've become numb, and sometimes, I forget to cherish myself properly, so I let people take advantage and other times, I am just reckless and I put myself out there.

I've changed a lot, and for the most part, for the better. However, sometimes I think people only recognize the old me because it's more entertaining, more intense, while the other side of me, the one that wants to settle down, isn't noticed much.

I am a free spirit, and although I like stability, I find that my life is the most unstable right now- and just as the new me was beginning to take over completely, circumstances brought out the old me, the one that wouldn't cry over some guy, the one that was able to say "it didn't work, so fuck it, and move on".

Yet, the new me, which is in a constant fight with the old me, is telling me to hold on, that everything is going to be okay. So while the two conflicting sides of me, continue to fight with each other, time is passing me by.

The old me had the most fun, but it was the old me that played on my insecurities and tarnished the good in me. So for now, I will try to keep the old me at bay, but I don't think anyone will ever be able to figure out the old me, because that person is an enigma that even I can't completely understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment