Monday, August 16, 2010

In The Works

Wanted to take a moment to write about all of the exciting things that are going to happen, in the works.

Currently, I am editing a book, the writer of the book is trying to self-publish it, and the book is my first taste of editing and it is also my first paying job outside the writing I've done for the newspaper. It has also inspired me to think more about my own book, "Crippled But Not Broken"-- it is something I've thought of doing for a long time. Within the next few years, I will start gathering the pieces and putting everything together.

I've also been trying to get as many photographs of me taken as possible, I really want to do some modeling. Currently, I am working on a photoshoot with a fellow RPHS alum, Ericka-- we will be tackling gay rights, and perceptions of homosexuals in this photoshoot. I will be modeling, as well as another male model. We are trying to get this photoshoot done before I start college, hopefully next week.

In the midst of all of these projects, and pending events- I will also bring back Hand-Cap Dance (I am trying to base it at William Paterson Uni as a school club, if I do, it will be named [Marked Dance Project], because I am fearful that if I use Hand-Cap Dance, I won't be able to retain the rights to the name, and I am avoiding any future issue.) However, none of the paperwork and basing can be done until school starts in a couple of weeks- so look out for audition notices.

I also plan on dancing for MarDelDance Youth Company, continue to work with The GIMP Project, and if my schedule permits, Freespace Dance Junior Company. I know that is a lot, in addition to school work and work study, but I will make it work.

In October, I have a special performance of God Made for an organization gala, MyGoal- and they've asked me to perform because they were so moved by the performance of the solo I created for school.

I will also spend a lot of time creating new pieces of work for isolated performances, but I also want to focus on resetting old material such as "Shattered Pieces" and "Pointless Love"-- and also "Brace It" if I am able to obtain props.

I also plan on doing several new piececs, and properly recording them, to archive them for future use.

I will also be taking Zumba and Pilates at school in the Fall, in order to stay in shape. I also hope to take dance class as much as possible else where.

ALL of these things are in the works- also, I am moving out of my home, and living on campus, so that in its self will be a journey and such a growing experience for me.

My life is in the works and I am excited to tackle all of it.

“Believe that you can obtain the impossible, and you will reach the realm of the unthinkable.”- Mark Travis Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment