Monday, November 16, 2009

Lust, Like and Love

Lust is a feeling that is toxic, it can distort reality, and it's extremely distracting to the eyes.
You see, when you lust for someone, you become consumed more by the physical aspects of a person rather than the character that makes that person.

I, too have become blinded by lust on some aspects. I allowed lust to make me see past a person who was not treating me right, and only used me but because, I in a way was only using him for pleasure- I allowed lust to cause me harm.

This person, was younger than me, but ever so intriguing and I was entice by his complexion, furthermore by his amazing body- all desired because of lust.

There is another component of human emotions, when you like someone. You like them enough to get to know them, but sometimes you can like someone for all the wrong reasons. I ended up liking someone in part because they were giving me attention, they sincerely cared, and they were supportive. I allowed that to make myself like them even though I didn't have those feelings as strongly. I forced myself to like someone for all the wrong reasons and though I don't think I caused the other person pain, I felt bad for dragging something on.

Like can sometimes turn to dislike in a heart beat, but there is no other emotion that is so powerful, yet extremely dangerous.

That is love. Love is the creation of life- if you believe that God created us out of love- that he sacrificed his only son to spare our lives.

Yet, love can be destructive. Love can cause people to do things that they normally wouldn't. It would make them endure more suffering and grief because you have "love" for someone.

Love is the worse form of human emotion, because while tamed, it can be a wonderful feeling, and flourish like petals on a rose but when distorted or injured, the emotion of love can turn into hatred.

A hatred that is so severe that it destroys the person and those around them, yes I know this is a bit of an hyperbole but there is truth behind my madness.

You can lust for someone, like them, and then love them, only to hate them at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment