Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lack Of Balance

It's been months since I've written a blog, and it's been just as long since I've written a great poem. I am finding it hard to balance myself creatively between dance and writing. I mean I am constantly thinking of dance, creating new movement, new pieces, and what music to use.

I get inspired to move at any moment, and yet, the inspiration to write is LACKING! I miss the empathetic poet inside of me, the one that use to get inspired by anyone's life story and write a poem about it.

Now I will try to write, and I'll get stuck, or it won't be as good as I would like it to be. There is a clear lack of balance and I am trying to balance myself.

There is guilt attached to all of this, the writer within me makes me feel like I am robbing myself of a precious gift I was given to write, to move people with my lines-now I aim to move them through the stories I tell through movement, through a dance piece.

It is difficult for me right now to find the balance, but I hope to soon.

I miss writing, I miss the relief I felt through poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment